Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Campaign Data Coordinator|
|Organization:||MASSUNITING in Boston|
|Description:||Campaign Data Coordinator / Boston
To Apply: http://bit.ly/IyERkv
Be part of the Fight to Build One Massachusetts that Works for all
MassUniting is a movement of community groups, neighborhood associations, faith organizations and workers uniting and mobilizing our community to build one Massachusetts that works for all.
Massachusetts' working families are paying higher taxes than the richest corporate CEOs. Why do our expenses keep going up but the taxes for the rich keep going down?
Do you want to do something about it? Apply now to help build a campaign in Mass. that fights to make our economy work for everyone, not just for the rich and powerful.
This position is responsible for coordinating and maintaining the database in a particular market, this includes sharing data across campaigns, developing system for fast and accurate data entry and managing data staff. This person will also coordinate keeping their market campaign in synch with the national campaign.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.)
- Core member of market team that anchors data & targeting work and informs overall strategy of the campaign
- Administers and updates campaign data across political, membership, and external organizing campaign.
- Responsible for canvass operation within their city which includes: cutting turf, designing walk sheets, and tracking numbers
- Interpret and analyzes data to help inform campaign strategy, including conducting extensive research and producing detailed graphs, charts and maps.
- Trains necessary data, canvass, and organizing staff on how to use the database.
- Provide guidance and advice to locals, state councils and campaign staff on ways to enhance the data.
- Provides analysis of membership density by political subdivision and prepares detailed reports on the opportunities to use that density to create political change.
- Provides analysis targeting membership by industry and district at the local and state levels.
- Performs other duties as assigned in support of the work of the campaign
Includes campaign and affiliate staff, legislative and local/county/state officials, other officials and experts on political issues.
Direction and Decision Making
This position reports to the Market Director and coordinates with the Regional Data Coordinator.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate is an independently motivated leader who can demonstrate exceptional data skills (particularly in the Voter Activation Network of VAN), offer useful and relevant strategic insight to campaign leadership, and has experience meeting hard deadlines under pressure.
- Knowledge of labor organizing methods.
- Knowledge of political canvass data operations
- Knowledge of on-line databases (Lexis/Nexis, VAN, Internet, federal database sources).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in politically sensitive situations.
- Ability to handle multiple sensitive assignments in a timely manner.
- Ability to analyze data and make sound, logical conclusions.
- Skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, and other spreadsheet software.
- Skill in the use of geographic and mapping software.
Work is generally performed in an office setting.
Long and extended hours and travel required.