Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||South Dakota Public Affairs Manager|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota|
|Description:||South Dakota Public Affairs Manager -Sioux Falls, SD
Since 1928, Planned Parenthood Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota has supported women and men of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are the leading provider of, educator, and advocate for confidential, affordable and quality reproductive health care and information across the region, serving more than 64,000 patients per year.
We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. Our employees are guided by our commitments to assume the best from each other, ensure a safe environment by communicating respectfully with others, focus on solutions, and work together to solve problems. We treat each customer/patient as a unique individual, communicating in a way that is relevant to their needs and striving to exceed their expectations consistently. Together we create a culture of trust, respect, and integrity for each other and our customers/patients.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission. The South Dakota Public Affairs Manager, based in Sioux Falls, SD works closely with the South Dakota Campaign for Health Families on legislative, electoral and educational campaigns.
Work Hours: Full time 40 hours/week. Hours will include Monday -Friday with occasional evenings and weekends. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/life insurance, PTO and 403B retirement plan.
* Coordinating closely with the South Dakota Campaign for Health Families (SDCHF) on legislative, electoral and educational campaigns
* Conducting organizing activities such as recruiting new and activating current activists and implementing clinic based outreach when appropriate.
* Directing community outreach activities such as tabling, speaking engagements and the annual Women for Women day in Pierre.
* Maximizing student activism through VOX and other activation tools
* Creating and implementing communications plans for new media outreach such as PPAN, StandUpSD, and Facebook as well as traditional outlets such as fact sheets and outreach materials
* Serving as Sioux Falls based affiliate media contact on an as needed basis
* Cooperating with PPFA and the Minneapolis based staff on federal Congressional concerns and national issues campaigns
* Bachelor's degree
* 3-5 years combined experience in grassroots community organizing, fundraising, legislative advocacy and public relations.
* Written and verbal communication skills
* The ability and desire to travel within the region
Make a difference in someone's life today -work for Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce that leverages the skills and talents of all employees in our organization, regardless of race, gender, national origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, size, physical ability or socioeconomic status. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
|Contact:||Human Resourcse Department|