Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Accounting Associate|
|Organization:||Out & Equal|
|Description:||Out & Equal is seeking bright and motivated talent with a solid understanding of accounting and finance for the position of Accounting Associate. This position will support the Finance department with functions including, but not limited daily accounting, financial analysis, management reporting, internal controls functions and coordination of various record-keeping technologies, as well as serving as a resource for other departments throughout the organization.
Candidates should be a proactive self-starter with an inquisitive personality that can be successful in structuring and completing ambiguous projects. This position requires a background with strong analytical and problem solving talent with a creative spark for inventing and implementing business processes and policies. Candidates should be able to demonstrate their ability to efficiently manage several on-going projects, and adapt quickly to changing responsibilities and technologies.
At Out & Equal, we believe in and practice diversity and inclusiveness in our own workplace. Qualified candidates from all communities are encouraged to apply.
1. Accounting: G/L, A/R, A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, expense report management, preparing financial reports for external affiliates, recording revenue data for Development team
2. Finance: Revenue and expense analysis, G/L analysis, financial statement analysis for external affiliate programs
3. Performing quarterly internal control testing
4. Supporting Finance and Operations department in annual audit and other finance-related projects as necessary
5. Creating and implementing processes and policies for the Finance and Operation department
6. Data entry, quality control verification and reporting from various core business-management technologies.
This position will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, with daily supervision provided by the Senior Manager of Finance and Operations. Communication with external accountants, and various internal department Directors and staff will be necessary.
Required and Desirable Experience
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Minimum 1 year professional experience within the accounting/auditing industry, and or finance industry, desired. Internships can also be considered. Preferred length of relevant professional experience is 2-3 years.
3. Detailed oriented, highly analytical, and inquisitiveness are strongly desired.
4. Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team style environments.
5. Working knowledge of FundEZ non-profit accounting software, Raiser's Edge, Salesforce and/or Concur desired; Experience with other accounting software definitely considered.
6. Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook) required, with particular emphasis in Excel.
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
8. A strong commitment to workplace equality for the LGBT community.
$48,000 - 52,000, depending on experience.
Comprehensive health and welfare program. Employee coverage paid in full by Out & Equal; dependent coverage heavily subsidized.
Other key benefits include, but are not limited to, a 401(k) program, commuter discount program and life insurance.
Generous paid time off (PTO) program, including company holidays.
Out & Equal is the premier advocacy organization promoting workplace equality for all members of the LGBT community. Our constituents are all in the corporate marketplace. They include for-profit corporations, employees, and local affiliate groups. For the past 14 years, Out & Equal has successfully promoted its mission to organizations in all industries, primarily headquartered in the United States. Starting in 2012, Out & Equal is expanding its focus to countries in Europe and Asia.
Physical activity requirements
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume with cover letter as Word or PDF attachment(s) and compensation requirements. Include the position to which you are applying (in subject line) firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, FAX (415) 694- 6530. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.