Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||College/University Relationships Intern|
|Organization:||American Association of University Women|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||AAUW's Leadership Programs seeks an experienced intern to assist with the development of college and university relationships. Interns will learn about women's leadership development and provide assistance to members, students and colleges/universities. A minimum of 20 hours per week is strongly desired, and preference will be given to interns with greater availability.
- Assist with the planning and outreach to colleges and universities throughout the country and the development of materials, tools, and correspondence including monthly e-newsletter to AAUW C/U Partner Members and e-student affiliates;
- Attend various staff meetings and external events as a representative of AAUW including staffing information tables as needed at events;
- Assist with assessment of current and lapsed AAUW C/U Partner Members;
- Develop methods and resources for state/branch members to build relationships with local colleges/universities;
- Respond to inquiries about College/University Partner membership and answer requests from AAUW members;
- Assist with planning C/U Partner member acquisition, renewal, and acknowledgement mailings and efforts;
- Assist with the coordination of the Student Advisory Council program;
- Participate in conference calls with the AAUW College/University Committee;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Interest in learning about women's leadership issues and the functioning of a national non-profit organization;
- Interest in working with colleges and universities nation-wide;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional demeanor, strong sense of self-direction and independence, with a strong commitment to women's equity;
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with MS Office programs, knowledge of the internet, and familiarity with social networking sites;
- Flexibility, creativity, and the ability to grasp new ideas quickly and manage change;
- Willingness to contribute ideas and feedback and to provide suggestions;
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, prioritize, and manage information from multiple sources.
Submit a resume, cover letter, 1-2 page writing sample, and two references by e-mail indicating position title to AAUW Human Resources at email@example.com.