Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||On-Site Service Consultant - Cleveland, OH|
US-OH, BROOKLYN HEIGHTS
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Services multiple customer accounts on a daily basis doing the following:
- Stocks purchased product in designated customer locations
- Ensures proper product stocking levels at customer locations by scanning for orders as inventory is depleted
- Generates new orders by engaging with customer to identify additional product needs
- Oversees customer inventory locations by ensuring proper labeling and quantities on hand are accurate
- Handles customer order approval process
- Acts as a key contact for customers on his/her assigned accounts as it relates to current buying needs, buying patterns, identifying new opportunities to enhance customer relationships and problem solving.
- Ensures accuracy of all activities related to Inventory Solutions at multiple customer sites.
- Sources product needs for customer when product is not readily available through the catalog
- Provides customer training based on the implemented solution
- Assists customers with systems integrations to streamline ordering processes
- As new service offerings develop, implements and provides ongoing support for customers
- Provides services, training, and consulting to assigned customers regarding new and emerging offerings as those are developed & deployed by Grainger
- Supports approved Grainger supplier offerings and services that compliment Inventory Solutions and other services offered to customers
- Builds customer relationships by identifying customer needs and/or providing solutions on each visit.
- Gains customer understanding of service offerings by using Advanced Selling Skills training.
- Gains understanding of customers' procurement strategies, processes and initiatives in order to drive growth and build relevance between Grainger and the customer.
- Probes for new sales opportunities during each site visit, uncovers customer needs, offers solutions to meet those needs and provides leads to assigned Account Manager.
- Conduct business reviews with customer and Account Manager to consult on product movement, new purchasing opportunities and other problem solving activities
- Assist in the design and implementation of opportunities such as the following:
- Provide services scope definition.
- Lend input during opportunity development with Account Manager.
- Attend customer meetings as a subject matter expert
- Seek and capture "spot buy" opportunities while on site
- Look for additional scan opportunities - add items to program
- Seeks opportunities to install new and emerging offerings with assigned customers
- Consults with customers to educate them on the value of installing or using Grainger services or solutions to benefit their business
- Executes on account strategy as defined by the Services Manager, Account Manager or District Sales Manager
- Participates in site review meetings with customer and Account Manager
- Conducts customer site visits with or without an Account Manager to conduct pre-qualification reviews
- Participates in implementation call reviews with Account Manager, District Sales Manager and Services - Manager to assess viability of Inventory Solutions offerings at a customer site
- Understands the local market and competitive landscape to ensure we exceed customer needs and expectations
- Works collaboratively with sales partners to expand Grainger services and offerings in assigned customer locations
EXPENSE AND PRODUCTIVITY MANAGEMENT
Identify continuous improvement opportunities in productivity, process improvement, and cycle time with all sales and services activities.
- Document standard operating procedures at customer locations to provide direction to back-up resources to ensure continuity of service
- May be required to oversee the lease & maintenance of a Grainger van.
- 2-4 years experience in selling environment
- Self-motivated, with high energy and dedication to customer service and sales growth
- Ability to effectively negotiate with tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to apply excellent judgment and business acumen with independent problem solving and decision making skills
- Handle complex technical, operational and financial issues
- Operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to identify opportunities and negotiate for the sale
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must adapt to and abide by all rules established for safety and security at each customer location
- Background checks, drug screening may be required (as warranted by Company, customer or DOT requirements in working on-site and/or operating equipment).
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license in State of residence
- Must carry required levels of automobile insurance
- Works on-site at customers' facilities. This is typically a plant type of facility. Conditions can be noisy and space can be limited. Personal protective equipment is often required.
- Comply with the safety and inspection requirements of the facility where the service is being provided.
- Will use computers, scanners, and be in contact with Grainger parts & supplies on a daily basis.
- Will be required to lift, push or pull weights ranging from light to heavy on a regular basis.
- Ability to navigate stairs and tight areas of access
- May be required to drive a Grainger vehicle for customer deliveries.
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
|Contact:||Grainger Recruitment Team|