Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Web Editor|
|Organization:||The Feminist Press/UnderTheMicroscope|
|Description:||WEB EDITOR (PART TIME) 20-25 hours/month UnderTheMicroscope.Com (an initiative of the Feminist Press)
Nonprofit Site Targeting College Age and Professional Women and Science
Now in our fourth successful year, we are seeking a web editor who will be responsible for overall strategic management of website to guide site direction and implement content development plan, to achieve overall organization goals, complement offline activities, and engage and grow user base.
We are seeking an organized, strategic-thinking individual who will bring a freshness of ideas and enthusiasm to the job. Excellent interviewing, writing, and editing skills are a must.
- Build and manage editorial calendar and site strategic plan based upon organization goals and objectives
- Write articles and blog for the website
- Recruit and manage interns, bloggers, who will conduct research and submit content. Edit and approve all content written by interns and invited writers
- Solicit stories and content from expert sources and develop strategic partnerships
- Work with science series book authors on strategy development, research and content gathering
- Respond to inquiries pertaining to content and special requests that may come from users, prospective partners, and others
- Incorporate social media strategy into overall approach. Work with team to promote site through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and through off-line events
Must have extensive online management, excellent writing skills, and editing experience. Previous staff supervisory experience is required. Prior experience with CMS (content management systems) and Photoshop or InDesign is also required. Nonprofit experience a plus.
Please send resume and sample of writing email@example.com