Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||State Policy Manager|
|Organization:||National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Research, compile and analyze state-level policies and regulations related to health care reform, with a focus on policies impacting family planning providers and services. Assist NFPRHA members with identifying new opportunities and addressing new challenges presented by national and state health reform; and educate stakeholders about and advocate for state policies that improve the publicly funded network of family planning providers. Reporting will be split between the two-year Life After 40: The Family Planning Network and the ACA project and NFPRHA's public policy department
- Researches and tracks key health care reform policy initiatives at the state level, including state-based health insurance exchanges and changes in public and private insurance programs;
- Assists in the collection of strategies and resources to help family planning providers adapt their operations to changes resulting from health care reform;
- Assists NFPRHA members on a range of state policy issues;
- Coordinates information-sharing between members and NFPRHA staff;
-Analyzes legislation and state regulations; prepares position statements and comments on the impact of legislation and regulations on family planning services and systems;
- Develops, recommends, and implements legislative, regulatory, and policy strategies for a state-based portfolio relevant to NFPRHA membership, with a focus on health care financing and service delivery;
- Contributes to and assists in the planning and implementation of NFPRHA's annual conference and regional meetings as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in public health, public administration or related field. Master's degree a plus.
- 3 years of experience tracking state legislative and regulatory initiatives. Extensive network within the public health or reproductive health coalition preferred.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Broad knowledge of family planning, health care financing, and health care reform policies and implementation process.
- An interest in working in a membership organization and dialoguing with a diverse constituency.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical ability
- Strong problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Ability to think of creative solutions to problems; comfortable trying new tactics or strategies
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work with multiple projects priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
- Good sense of humor and willingness to pitch in where needed
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Strong commitment to NFPRHA's mission
- Willingness and ability to travel to meet project/program requirements
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com and specify State Policy Manager in the subject line. No calls please.