Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Fall Public Policy Intern|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Public Policy Intern
Responsible Director of Public Policy
Location: Washington, DC (1001 Connecticut Ave, NW)
Organization: Girls Inc. is a nonprofit organization that inspires all girls to be strong, smart, and bold through a network of local organizations in the United States and Canada. With local roots dating to
1864 and national status in the U.S. since 1945, Girls Inc.
responds to the changing needs of girls and their communities through research-based programs and advocacy that empower girls to reach their full potential and to understand, value, and assert their rights.
In 2008, Girls Inc. reached over 900,000 girls through Girls Inc. affiliates, our website, and educational publications. To learn more, visit www.girlsinc.org.
Summary: Working in a small office, the intern will have many opportunities to observe and participate in substantive work.
- Attending hearings and conducting research on federal legislation affecting girls - Attending meetings with coalition members - Communicating with Girls Inc. affiliates about programs
- Approximately 35 hours per week
- Semester- based as available
o Fall: September - December
o Spring: January - April
o Summer: May - August
- Self-starter who works successfully with little supervision or instruction - Excellent communication skills and writing skills - Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel - Experience using Internet research tools
Salary and Application Information:
- Please send cover letter and resume to April Osajima, Director of Public Policy, firstname.lastname@example.org