Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Administrative Assistant to the President|
|Organization:||Center for Reproductive Rights|
|Description:||The Center for Reproductive Rights is a global human rights organization that uses constitutional and international law to secure women's reproductive freedom. Founded in 1992 and headquartered in New York City, the Center for Reproductive Rights is a non-profit organization that promotes women's equality worldwide by securing reproductive rights in constitutional and international human rights law. Its mission is straightforward and ambitious: to advance reproductive health and rights as a fundamental right that all governments are legally obligated to protect, respect and fulfill. The Center is unmatched as a reproductive rights organization in its expertise on U.S. constitutional law, comparative law, and international human rights law.
The Center is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who will work closely with the Senior Executive Assistant in the daily operations of the Office of the President. The Administrative Assistant will provide support to the Senior Executive Assistant, and will be responsible for an array of administrative and Board functions. This position will report directly to the Senior Executive Assistant.
- Research and secure travel arrangements for U.S. and international travel
- Coordinate logistics of monthly staff meetings
- Provide back-up support to the President
- Process expense forms
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of documents and mailings
- Assist in the coordination and planning of special events
- Create and maintain databases
- Assist in maintaining President's files
- Other duties and projects as requested
Board of Directors Operations:
- Manage logistics for Board meetings, such as assemble and mail Board materials, and research and secure venues and caterers
- Assist in drafting meeting materials
- Record and track Board-related developments, such as Board-approved commitments and policies
- Coordinate and ensure execution of follow-up from meetings
- Maintain and update various Board documents
- Administrative and office work experience
- Well-organized and steadfast attention to detail is essential
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
- Must be professional and possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Word and Outlook; knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and with shifting priorities
- Flexibility to work overtime
- B.A. degree preferred
- Commitment in women's reproductive health and rights
The Center for Reproductive Rights provides a competitive salary and benefits package.
To Apply - Please send a cover letter with salary requirements and resume email@example.com. Applicants must indicate "Administrative Assistant, their last name and code 151? as the subject of emailed applications. The cover letter and resume should be sent as one combined attachment.
The Center for Reproductive Rights is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We strongly encourage candidates from all groups and communities to apply.