Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Early Head Start Education Program Director|
|Organization:||Dominican Women's Development Center (DWDC)|
|Description:||Program: Early Head Start
Reports Executive Director
Under the direction of the executive director, directs program staff in the implementation of the Early Childhood Education Program. As such is responsible for monitoring adherence to the Early Head Start philosophies, policies, procedures, Performance Standards and local, State and Federal requirements for childcare services. Oversees the budget established for the program and makes certain that costs are monitored for efficiency and effectiveness. Plans and directs all early childhood program activities for infant/toddler services, pregnant women services, parent involvement services, Policy Council involvement, and staff ensuring a high quality educational program. Supports and applies the mission and goals of Dominican Women's Development Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implements and monitors tasks as defined in the Start-up Plan in order to meet milestones and begin Early Childhood Center services as contracted.
* Develops program content area processes and procedures to identify, recruit, hire and train appropriate staff to carry out childcare services as contracted.
* Directs staff to understand and implement the Early Head Start Performance Standards as prescribed for the Early Childhood Education Program Option selected.
* Develops and implements the staff development training program that prepares staff in each content area to meet or exceed program requirements. Identifies content of training activities based upon knowledge needs of staff, required annual training, professional development needs and content that support retention of a highly qualified staff team.
* Works with the fiscal officer to establish procedures to monitor program expenditures, adheres to Federal accounting practices and practices established by the organization. Submits reports and documents to the executive and funders, as required, to maintain documentation of progress for the Early Childhood Center.
* Establishes successful relationships with community-based organizations that support services in health, mental health, nutrition, social services, disabilities, and education for children and families participating in Early Childhood Center programs.
* Creates plans and schedules that assure staff capability to meet milestones for home visitors and pregnant women; monitors plans regularly with staff so that revisions or adjustments are made as soon as necessary.
* Establishes communication mandates with the education coordinator and other staff to maintain contact with staff, parents, the Policy Council, community partners and other organizations, as necessary. Maintains effective contact and communication with representatives from the Department of Health and Human Services as required.
Master's in Early Childhood Education with at least three years experience working with Early Head Start or pre-school children; at least three years supervisory experience. Prefers experience in working with Latino families and working with community-based programs. Bilingual (English/Spanish).
This job requires strong identification to the DWDC's Mission and Principles and the active participation in DWDC's sponsored activities related to cultural, social and community issues.
Employment Status: Full Time
To apply: Send resume to email@example.com or by fax at 212-994-6065.
Contact: Rosita Romero