Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Sales Team Leader - Bloomington, MN|
|Description:||30144551- Sales Team Leader-Bloomington, MN 55420
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Supervises the day to day activities of a team of hourly employees.
- Creates a clear direction for employees by effectively communicating initiatives, priorities and company strategy.
- Assists in driving the achievement of key operational metrics in the areas of customer satisfaction, sales, safety, development, and operational improvements.
- Coaches and mentors staff toward achieving established individual and team goals.
- Assesses performance and provides frequent, direct, timely and candid feedback to reinforce or enhance skills or to update employees on their progress toward meeting goals.
- May monitor phone and off phone transactions as part of Service Observe/Quality Assurance and provide appropriate feedback to employees. Duties will also involve sales counter and warehouse interaction.
- Facilitates employee on-boarding and on-going training. May designate other team members to provide training.
- Under the guidance of a Customer Service Manager may participate in the selection and hiring of new employees.
- Under the guidance of the Customer Service Manager provides input on performance reviews and participates in performance discussions with employees.
- Recommends corrective action/counseling and may participate in counseling conversations with Customer Service Manager and employee.
- Facilitates team interaction and communication.
- Plans and implements work schedules to ensure adequate productivity and staffing levels. Delegates and assigns duties based on workload variance.
- Clarifies procedures and job assignment questions for employees.
- Continually assesses processes for improvement opportunities. Suggests and implements changes to enhance defined processes and improve sales and service.
- Models superior selling skills and executes the Service Promise to influence customer buying decisions. Utilizes sound judgment and best practices to resolve complex customer concerns.
- Fosters open communication between local sellers and service team.
- Ensures team compliance with all regulatory issues and company policies including HAZMAT and BBX
- Maintains open communication with Customer Service Manager to address any issues requiring additional management intervention. Escalates issues when appropriate.
- Supports company initiatives and projects. May be a "process owner" for a service center level initiative.
- Serves as the "manager on duty" in the absence of the Customer Service Manager
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a Full time position, M to F, 7am to 5 pm
o Bachelor's degree preferred.
oMinimum 3 years customer service and sales experience
o2-3 years of supervisory experience in a customer service/call center environment preferred.
oPassion for customer service, sales and people development with an ability to energize others.
oAbility to understand and articulate the vision of the branch to all employees.
oAbility to delegate.
oStrong problem solving, organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
Please go to the website below, go to Jobs in the upper right/ Potential Employees/ Job Search and enter the requisition number above in this job description