Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Assistant Manager of Programs and Evaluation|
|Organization:||Community Education Group|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||CEG is a not for profit organization whose mission is to create programs and projects, which address the health, socio-economic, environmental and systemic challenges facing the African American community. CEG focuses on stopping the spread of HIV and eliminating health disparities in neighborhoods by training community health workers, educating and testing the hard to reach and sharing our expertise with other organizations through national networks and local capacity building efforts. CEG is dedicated to helping communities hardest hit by HIV/AIDS and other health disparities, and the community-based organizations that serve them. CEG develops innovative programs to assist communities in overcoming cultural and systemic barriers to accessing critical HIV/AIDS information, and facilitates community-directed processes aimed at building bridges to health, planning/policy, and funding processes.
CEG is seeking an Assistant Manager of Programs and Evaluation to provide program management and evaluation services for various initiatives aimed at reducing health disparities. The Assistant Manager of Programs and Evaluation position provides a unique opportunity to implement innovative strategies in the areas of health education and patient navigation while making a difference in the lives of South East DC residents. This position will report to the Executive Director and Manager of Testing and Field Operations.
- Collaborate with lead program staff and evaluation team to ensure program integrity, compliance and success
- Anticipate program needs and implement solutions when challenges are presented
- Assess current staffing needs, develop job descriptions and screen potential candidates providing recommendations to the Executive Director
- Implement strategies to improve communications between evaluation and program staff
- Ensure that program staff adheres to evaluation plans for various grants and enters all data accurately
- Assist with the writing and submission of proposals for funding
- Ensure successful launch of electronic client tracking system
- Provide supervision to the Linkages to Care Coordinator
- Maintain grant tracking database ensuring that all deadlines are met
- Write reports to funders, detailing program outcomes, challenges and next steps -Manage special projects as necessary
- Bachelor?s degree in Social Work, Public Health or related field
- At least two years experience of managing programs in a non-profit or government setting
- Must have excellent written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and independent worker
- Must have excellent organizational and time-management skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
CEG offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday-Friday 9:30am-6:00pm.
Submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to Lavietra@communityeducationgroup.org . Please put Assistant Manager of Programs and Evaluation Position in the subject line of your email.