Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Affiliate and National Programs Associate|
|Organization:||NARAL Pro-Choice America|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||The Affiliate and National Programs Associate is responsible for working with the Department Director, Consultants, and other staff to implement NARAL Pro-Choice America's technical support and affiliate programs. These activities include, but may not be limited on site support; affiliate trainings; technical assistance; and managing affiliate grants.
- Works with other staff of NARAL Pro-Choice America to provide affiliates with support, materials, trainings, and other resources necessary to increase their financial health, stability, and organization capacity;
- Plans, coordinates, and implements logistics for affiliate conferences and trainings. This includes: securing training location, negotiating contract with hotel staff, coordinating logistical issues with training/conference agendas, registrations, and travel, arranging menus, coordinating materials, and serving as on-site coordinator.
- Overseas the management and maintenance of the Affiliate Resource Center (ARC.)
- Work with Department Director to track all Affiliate support, grant, and issue programs, including compliance with the Standards of Affiliation.
- Provides communications and other support as directed to the Affiliate Support Consultants to enable their technical support of the affiliates;
- Assists with research and writing of plans, reports, papers, and presentations as necessary;
- Attends Department meetings and other organization meetings as directed; take minutes as necessary;
- Assists Director with departmental budgeting process, as well as tracking of department expenses against budget;
- Participates in professional development opportunities that increase awareness, knowledge and skills relevant to the position;
- Tracks us of the POP ID list and processes and tracks third party requests for the list;
- Provides administrative support to Affiliate and National Programs Director and Deputy Director;
- Provides back-up support to front desk receptionist, and;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience required; The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of public policy, organizing, organizational development, fundraising, administrative, or other experience with a state-based organization comparable to a NARAL affiliate; 2 years experience in logistics planning and implementation for events/conferences; Demonstrated excellence in writing and oral communications; and Proficient in MS Word, Excel, database programs, and internet research. Requires some weekend and evening work as well as travel.
To apply, send resume and cover letter
NARAL Pro-Choice America
1156 15th Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: (202) 973-3096