Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Branch Manager - Dulles, VA|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions.
Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels.
As part of a high-performing team, you?ll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Branch Manager accountable for all customer service related operational objectives and integrated support of sales strategies. Ensures execution of the Customer Service function?s strategic objectives of ?Wow the Customer?, ?Navigate Customers? and ?Cost to Serve?. This is to be accomplished through best practices in the areas of talent management, customer service, sales growth and cost to serve. Manages and executes branch operations with a business ownership mindset, aligning actions and decisions to support profitable business results.
Leadership: Owns the business and actively engages in strategic thinking, big picture vision, driving empowerment and being a role model who helps people link their work requirements to the success of the company.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for a single or multi-site staff consisting of hourly and exempt employees.
- Understands, formulates and communicates sound business strategy to the team. Implements it in a clear and consistently focused manner.
- Creates a team where employees are engaged, empowered, enthusiastic and committed to the success of the company.
- Creates an environment for open, continuous and proactive communication. Maintains an open mind to benefit from diverse thoughts and ideas.
- Writes and conducts performance review discussions to ensure that expectations/goals are set, monitored and executed.
- Supports the growth and development of Assistant Branch Manager(s) by providing coaching and development opportunities.
- Makes sound, fact-based business decisions to support the needs and objectives of the business.
- Takes measured risks while being mindful to balance return on investment, service, ethics and integrity.
Talent Management: Ensures key people drivers of Selection, On-boarding, Coaching and Rewards & Recognition are executed and support the Grainger Employee Promise.
- Provides regular coaching and performance feedback to employees to enhance customer service and sales skills.
- Establishes a professional development plan for each employee to aid their performance and career progression within Grainger.
- Interviews and selects diverse talent with competencies that align with the Grainger Service Promise and Grainger?s Core Competencies.
- Selects and promotes employees with a passion for service, sales and personal growth.
- Provides rewards and recognition for employees who exhibit desired results and behaviors.
Customer Service: Ensures Exceptional, WOW Service and Operational Excellence of the Branch. Ensures that the Knowledge & Skills of all employees are developed to provide exceptional customer service.
- Ensures all employees deliver on the Service Promise.
- Ensures proper staffing levels for world class service while controlling expenses.
- Is a customer advocate. May make sales calls to communicate the Grainger Value Advantage message.
- Understands the competitive landscape, its impact on the local market and takes action to gain market share and mitigate loss of current market share.
- Creates an environment that promotes cross-functional teamwork with all business functions.
- Drives and promotes district/region related initiatives.
- Communicates metrics and objectives and holds him/herself and the employees accountable to results.
- Drives improvement in customer satisfaction results using monitoring and other available tools.
Growing Sales: Works toward positively impacting ROIC and Sales Growth to increase shareholder and PST value.
- Supports all sales growth, Inventory Solutions profitability strategies, and other business initiatives in partnership with AMs, DSMs, Service Managers and other business partners engaged in sales growth oriented activities.
- Builds and maintains professional, supportive relationships with sales partners.
- Uses quality monitoring tools and effective coaching practices to improve employee sales skills.
- Supports corporate showroom initiatives by implementing merchandising plan-o-grams, hot buys, etc.
- Establishes Community Relationships within his/her market
Cost to Serve: Balances operating expenses with appropriate levels of service while looking for ways to improve processes and remove non-value added activities.
- Plans and forecasts using relevant metrics to help drive profitability and service excellence.
- Effectively monitors controllable expenses to achieve the assigned expense to sales ratio goal.
- Builds a continuous improvement (CI) culture by promoting CI methodologies and supporting implementation of projects. Encourages all employees to look for improvement opportunities.
- Manages inventory to provide the best availability in the industry.
- Implements proper staffing strategies to ensure flexibility with the proper mix of FT and PT employees.
- Dedicates self and team to Operational Excellence.
- Complies with all BBX standards.
Facilities Management: Maintains a branch that proudly represents Grainger?s service and commitment to the customers and employees.
- Maintains safety and security for all employees and customers.
- Ensures the branch and surrounding landscape and parking areas are properly maintained.
- Follows and enforces all local/state/federal laws and company policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor?s degree required.
- Has experience building complete marketing plans leveraging internal and external resources.
* Bilingual is preferred
- Has demonstrated program management success.
- Possesses effective project management, planning and facilitation skills.
- Possesses effective time-management skills.
- Has a demonstrated ability to influence and persuade varying levels of internal and external decision-makers.
- Ability to assist in aligning effective cross-functional work groups to develop integrated plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with channel marketing or business development.
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
Apply through the website below; go to Jobs in the upper right corner / Potential Employees / Job Search / enter requisition number: 51079995 and start
|Contact:||Grainger Recruitment Team|