Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Quality and Risk Management Program Manager|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood of Illinois|
|Description:||The Quality and Risk Management Program Manager will coordinate and implement an agency risk management program, ensure health center compliance with different regulations (OSHA/CLIA/PPFA) and also work with Health Center Managers when needed. This position works under the supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations/ Associate Medical Director.
1. Under the supervision of the VP of Clinical Operations, coordinate and manage quality management systems which simultaneously respect current medical practices, Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) standards, and reflect a marketing and patient-centered orientation.
2. Under supervision of the Medical Director and the VP of Clinical Operations/Associate Medical Director, coordinate and implement an agency risk management program which simultaneously respects current industry standards for medical risk management as well as PPFA standards.
3. Ensure health centers comply with OSHA/CLIA/PPFA and State regulations in cooperation with the Vice President of Clinical Operations and the Regional Director(s). Work with the Health Center Managers to implement risk and quality management processes to reduce or eliminate each identified exposure.
4. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, Planned Parenthood of Illinois? core values of respect, knowledge, responsibility, health, compassion and access; practice these values in relation to internal and external customers.
1. Co-Lead the Committee on Quality Management (CQM) meeting as needed; schedule and lead meetings and organize and manage committee projects to carry out program changes or requirements.
2. In collaboration with Regional Directors, Managers, and CQM committee members, schedule and help conduct affiliate- wide quality management audits. Compile audit data and make recommendations/corrective actions in collaboration with the Regional Directors and/or VP of Clinical Operations and the CQM committee for improvement.
3. Report medical occurrences to Medical Director, CEO, and National office; maintain digital and paper records regarding medical occurrences, claims, suits, and subpoenas.
4. Maintain health center staff training proficiencies and other required documents. Schedule bi-annual CPR training. Ensure all medical equipment has been checked for defects and wear as needed.
5. In cooperation with Human Resources, maintain documentation of Hepatitis B, tuberculosis testing, and other occupational related medical matters of health center staff.
6. Produce quarterly Quality Management reports for PPIL in conjunction with the Regional Directors.
7. Maintain proficiency testing files and other documentation required for compliance with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA). Work with in house Lab Manager and Lab Director to ensure QA audits are in place.
8. Update and revise Quality Management, Laboratory Manual, Exposure and Infection Control Manual, and other protocols as needed.
9. Educate staff, including new staff at the time of orientation and established staff at the time of annual retraining, on the quality management program. Educate staff on OSHA, CLIA, federal and state requirements.
10. Travel between clinics to help facilitate implementation of quality improvement measures.
11. Implement and maintain system for receiving patient feedback at a minimum of twice per year.
12. Other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, read, see and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to type, handle, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.