Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||NYCLU Development Internship|
|Organization:||New York Civil Liberties Union|
|Description:||The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with 48,000 members statewide and eight offices.
Position Title: Development Intern
Summary of Position
The NYCLU is seeking a college student or recent graduate with an interest in fundraising, getting hands-on non-profit experience, and our mission and programs. The Development Intern will assist in all aspects of development and provide valuable assistance in a department of five that raises over $5,000,000 annually. The Development Intern will perform a wide variety of organizational and administrative duties that involve highly sensitive and confidential information.
Position: Part-time, unpaid
Schedule/hours requirements: Flexible (5 - 10 hours/week) Start date & length of assignment: September 24, Fall 2012 Semester
* Conducting donor management including prospect research, correspondence and filing;
* Assist in all aspects of fundraising, including major gifts, special events, donor cultivation and social media; and
* Based on interests, time capacity, and initiative you may also take the lead on special projects.
* An interest in pursuing a career in development and fundraising;
* Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
* Strong research, writing and communication skills;
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills;
* Commitment to confidentiality;
* The initiative to see projects through to completion;
* Self-starter with a positive attitude; and
* Understanding of social media.
* Applicants who have completed at least 2 years of study towards an undergraduate degree strongly preferred;
* A strong interest in social justice, legal issues and a commitment to racial justice and civil liberties; and
* Understanding of the meaning of civil liberties and commitment to supporting efforts to uphold them.
Applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ?Development Intern? in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
The NYCLU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbians and gay men, and transgender persons to apply.