Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Senior Health IT Staff - National Policy|
|Organization:||National Partnership for Women and Families|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Want to contribute your skills to a team making tremendous impact on cutting edge health policy? The National Partnership for Women & Families is seeking a senior level policy professional with significant experience in health care delivery system issues to lead our focus on national health IT policy issues. She/he will develop the legislative and Administrative strategy for patient-centered health IT implementation with the Director of Health IT Programs; lead advocacy with the Administration regarding implementation of HITECH and HIT-related health reform initiatives; and provide significant input into the Health IT media communications strategy.
The National Partnership for Women & Families is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that uses public education and advocacy to promote access to quality health care, fairness in the workplace, and policies that help women and men manage the dual demands of work and family. The effective use of health information technology (health IT) is a critical component of improving the quality of care and helping patients and their family caregivers be active participants in their care. The National Partnership is the leading consumer voice in national debates about how to most effectively implement new technologies in health care, and we are developing a growing network of consumer advocates in the states to ensure that local implementation efforts also benefit from robust consumer input.
- Develop policy options and approaches for existing and emerging issues.
- Conduct policy analysis for Health IT Program.
- Draft position statements and regulatory comments.
- Represent the National Partnership on federal boards and bodies and in private sector efforts.
- Provide strategic advice and policy expertise to state-based consumer advocates working on health IT implementation.
- Build and maintain relationships with federal agency staff.
- Develop a proactive media strategy.
- Oversee development of issue briefs and other resources to articulate consumer perspectives.
- Represent the consumer perspective in federal advisory committee activities and external private sector meetings and committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of delivery system issues and health information technology required.
- Extensive experience working with Federal agencies and Hill staff required.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Skill in crafting key messages.
- Master?s or other advanced degree required.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Solid understanding of consumer interests in health care.
- Coalition experience a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience; a generous benefits package is offered. Position will remain open until a qualified candidate is chosen. Submit cover letter with salary requirements, resume, at least two writing samples and three references to email@example.com or mail
Senior Health IT Staff National Policy
National Partnership for Women & Families
1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009
The National Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.