Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Next Gen Practice Management Intern|
|Organization:||Planned Parenthood of Illinois (Chicago)|
|Description:||What We Offer
Planned Parenthood of Illinois Billing Department uses a Practice Management (PM) system to track patient services and accounts receivable. To ensure that the system is functioning at its peak, we want to maximize the system?s functionality, ensure that patient accounts are clean and accurate, and document the rationale behind decisions in the system?s file build.
The NextGen Practice Management Intern will work closely with the Director of Medicaid Billing and Clinical Management Systems, The Director of IT and the Health Information Technology coordinator, and Billing Staff to assist with the rollout of several initiatives involving NextGen, assist with system file maintenance, review patient accounts, and create documentation about NextGen?s File Build.
- Gain experience working in financial administration for a non-profit health care organization
- Gain extensive experience with Practice Management system and assist in its administration
- Opportunity to work hands on with the on installation of NextGen add-on modules and other initiatives
What We Ask
- Interest and / or experience in accounting or financial administration
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Commitment of 10 -15 hours per week for the semester
PPIL Administrative Offices
18 South Michigan Ave, 6th Floor
Chicago, IL 60603
Hours are flexible, with shifts available Monday through Friday 9 am to 5 pm.