Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Development Associate|
|Organization:||National Partnership for Women and Families|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||The National Partnership for Women & Families, a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization that uses public education and advocacy to promote fairness in the workplace, quality health care, and policies that help women and men meet the dual demands of work and family, is seeking a detail oriented, experienced Development Associate. He or she will have primary responsibility for the management and administration of the donor constituent records database (Luminate CRM) and provide support to the development department. This position plays a vital role in the overall operation of the organization?s fundraising, stewardship and cultivation efforts. The ideal candidate will possess proficiency in high-level database administration, prospect and constituent management, data import and export, and will have specific experience in creating reports and analytical models, and in interpreting information to assist with fundraising strategies. The Associate will support all areas of the development program including gift processing and acknowledgements, mail production, special events, and other tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Qualifications
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience managing and administering a complex database (Luminate CRM or comparable; knowledge of SalesForce platform a plus), specifically in designing and managing intuitive code structures and creating accurate and reliable statistical, analytical, and financial reports;
- Be familiar with nonprofit fundraising operations;
- Possess strong analytic, problem solving, and project planning/management skills;
- Be able to create and implement data entry standards and procedures for organizational staff to follow and maintain the integrity of the database through regular audits and cleansing;
- Be able to successfully conduct donor research via online sources and subscription databases and possess the ability to present research and other information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing;
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with limited supervision and have the ability to exercise independent judgment and discern priorities;
- Possess advanced skills in all facets of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.);
- Possess a Bachelor?s Degree, preferably with studies in statistical analysis or similar field.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate skills via testing during the hiring process. Submit letter, resume, two writing samples and references Development Associate #2200, National Partnership for Women & Families, 1875 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 650, Washington, DC 20009 or to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be received by November 15, 2012.
The National Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.