Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Paid Feminist Blogger Internship|
|Description:||PolicyMic.com is looking for a politically engaged, passionate
feminist blogger to join our editorial team in New York City.
PolicyMic is the first mainstream news site to meaningfully
engage young people in current events. Our platform is driven by
a crowd-sourced game system that allows readers to become
writers over time. Think Twitter meets the Economist.
We're looking for individuals with a passion for journalism,
feminism, and politics looking to learn the hard skills required to
become an online editor. Editing interns will work directly with
our Feminism editor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing roughly 3-5 original stories every day
- Direct our editorial voice by pitching smart feminism story
ideas to our pundits
- Promoting content via social media
- Previous writing and editing experience
- Basic knowledge of AP style and careful attention to detail
- Passion for politics and feminist issues
Compensation: This is a paid position.
Time requirements: This is an 8-week internship program with
Contact: If interested, please send:
- A CV and cover letter
- 5 awesome story ideas
- A writing sample
to Jake Horowitz, jhorowitz (at) policymic.com.