Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Program and Outreach Coordinator|
|Organization:||University of Pennsylvania Women's Center|
|Description:||The Program and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating outreach initiatives including programs that actively engage student leaders and members of PWC-affiliated groups concerned with gender equity issues at Penn and in the larger community.
In supporting the mission of the Penn Women's Center, the Coordinator will:
- Develop, facilitate and systematically assess range of programs to support the PWC mission and our varied constituent groups. This includes coordinating PWC signature annual events, new initiatives, and a range of New Student Orientation programs and outreach activities.
- Coordinate the digital media presence of the PWC. This includes maintaining and updating the website, making innovative use of existing and emerging social media, and writing and sending PWC's weekly electronic newsletter.
- Provide one-on-one crisis counseling and referrals for PWC walk-ins and continued support for student cases related to sexual assault, dating violence, and stalking.
- Serve as the lead coordinator of student programming related to Penn Violence Prevention including the Student Anti-Violence Advocate Training and Take Back the Night.
- Develop creative and effective anti-violence educational materials across multi-media platforms.
- Mentor multiple student groups, support their programming initiatives, enhance student leadership skills and provide advice on Penn student group budgetary and procedural issues.
- Develop creative and effective outreach strategies and resource materials for all PWC constituents with a focus on reaching undergraduates, graduate and professional students.
- Support the cultivation of alumni by assisting with the development of an alumni network and coordinating programs during Homecoming, Alumni Weekend and Graduation.
- Assist with management of ongoing co-sponsorship and space requests as well as the preparation of internal and external programming reports.
- Collaborate with and serve as a liaison to other University departments/committees on behalf of the PWC.
- Provide one-on-one crisis counseling and referrals for PWC walk-ins.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
For more information and to apply visit jobs.hr.upenn.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=196847
Reference # 130133964