Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Staff Accountant|
|Organization:||NARAL Pro-Choice America|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||Responsible for the management of Accounts Receivable, payroll entries, recording monthly journal entries for approval and supporting the Director of Finance and Administration with general accounting tasks for NARAL, the NARAL Foundation and the NARAL-PAC. Staff Accountant is also responsible for all recording of and aiding with all labor-management negotiations and filings.
- Management of accounts receivable. Including but not limited to deposit, processing, recording and verifying daily all bank deposits and/or reports for NARAL, Foundation and NARAL PAC.
- Work with the Development department to ensure the accuracy of revenue batch reports solving any discrepancies in processing or coding of accounts.
- Prepare and perform daily bank deposits for all (3) entities; including daily
- Maintain, track and reconcile all deposits batch reports with General Ledger Manager.
- Serve as staff liaison with other departments including researching other revenue and miscellaneous income where appropriate.
- Process monthly accounts receivable reports for all entities of the following month for review and approval.
- Process and record bi-payroll journal entry with timesheet information into spreadsheet for review into accounting software.
- Process and record all monthly Visa Reconciliations into accounting software.
- Maintain and oversee all personal and payroll files for Human Resources.
- Maintain all accounts payable files and serve as a back-up for accounts payable when needed.
- Serve as recorder for the Director of Finance and Administration in all labor-management meetings including but not limited to union negotiation.
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration and General Ledger Manager with the preparation of the annual audit and monthly and year-end closing procedures.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned by Director of Finance & Administration.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Minimum of 3 year?s experience in administration preferred.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software, MS Word, MS Excel and payroll processing.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to handle multiple accounting projects.
- Commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America?s diversity initiative and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences.
- Clear understanding of and commitment to, NARAL?s mission and goals.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume along with three references
NARAL Pro-Choice America
Attn: Tina Briscoe
1156 15th Street, NW, Suite#700
Washington, DC 20005
Fax: (202) 973.3096
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sexual orientation, color, sex age, national origin or disability.