Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Senior Director for Finance, Operations and Planning|
|Description:||The Senior Director for Finance, Operations & Planning is a senior management position at SAGE. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Director aligns SAGE's financial direction, operations and systems in keeping with the organization?s Strategic Plan and Priorities. The Senior Director oversees all financial administration and operations. S/he must also work closely with the Executive Director, staff executive team, the Board of Directors, and other important stakeholders to enable SAGE to fulfill its mission. The Senior Director works in partnership with the Executive Director to oversee organizational planning and implementation of plans; and by identifying, recommending and pursuing strategic financial and operational opportunities that keep the organization healthy.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in a deeply respected organization operating at the intersection of the LGBT and Aging fields. The Senior Director for Finance, Operations & Planning should be a strategic thinker, capable of providing a big-picture mentality, while also able to oversee the nuts-and-bolts operations of an evolving non-profit. S/he should be passionate about SAGE's mission and understand and skillfully navigate the realities of the non-profit sector.
The Senior Director for Finance, Operations & Planning should have the following experience and attributes:
- A minimum of a BS; an MBA and/or CPA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a non-profit CFO or equivalent, resulting in the development and implementation of effective financial management strategies and solutions.
- Significant experience in and knowledge of non-profit accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Patience and experience in educating a variety of stakeholders about an organization's finances and their implications.
- Action-oriented, flexible and innovative approach to financial and operational management, with a proven track record of exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated experience overseeing human resources, information technology, and legal compliance.
- Excellent judgment in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- An ability to work well across a variety of functions and departments.
- Experienced manager of people with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals
- Self-directed, flexible and able to multi-task. Enjoys working hard and looks for challenges. Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Prior experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors
- Strong people skills, with an ability to partner effectively with a dynamic CEO and leadership team
- A "can-do" attitude and a willingness to make things possible.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A passion for SAGE's mission and strategic priorities.