Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Jr Draftsman NERC (13037)|
|Organization:||Pepco Holdings, Inc|
|Description:||Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Jr Draftsman NERC to join the staff at our Mays Landing, NJ location. In this role, you will under general supervision, regularly performs CADD and/or GIS/GWD functions in support of PHI's electric distribution, substation, telecommunication and transmission operations. Prepares and revises maps, diagrams, design and construction drawings and other records of PHI's facilities and system through both paper and CAD media. Maintains quality and integrity of the data stored in PHI's electronic records management systems. Performs other related design services activities as required.
- Associate's degree in Design, Applied Science, Engineering Technology or related field OR the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Knowledge of general drafting standards, practices and procedures.
- Experience demonstrating skill reading and interpreting engineering/construction plans and drawings.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based drafting software (for example, MicroStation, AutoCAD or ESRI -GIS).
- Experience demonstrating skill maintaining the quality and consistency of CAD / GIS data (i.e., designs, symbology, connectivity and annotation).
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet, database, PDF conversion, and e-mail software.
- Experience demonstrating skill following technical instructions or procedures (for example, operating procedures, standards, code requirements, specifications.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing mathematical computations involving basic math (addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, fractions), geometry and algebra to perform drafting functions (for example, properly scale drawings, size cable, check clearances and assemble bills of materials).
- Ability and willingness to communicate clearly with other employees, face to face and over the telephone.
- Ability and willingness to read and comprehend Company material and complete written reports accurately.
- Ability and willingness to differentiate color coded drawings and plans.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various company locations and work sites.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice and on-call during storms and system emergencies.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, local, and PHI regulations.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces and in noisy and dirty environments.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully pass qualification test.
- Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
- Must successfully pass the Criminal History Records Check.
- This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
- Knowledge of electric utility system and/or electrical configuration, to include knowledge of distribution, substation or transmission one-line drawings.
- Experience demonstrating skill performing electric utility-related drafting.
- Knowledge of Grid Coordinate Systems (i.e., Longitude and Latitude coordinates.) ESRI and/or ArcGIS certification.
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based records/electronic document management systems (for example: IBM DB2, Fusion, e-Change).
- Experience demonstrating skill creating field sketches of proposed layouts to include:
-gathering and/or interpreting field measurements and data using various methods including electronic field data collection methods and tools; and/or
-analyzing and/or interpreting field data.
PHI is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
Please apply online at http://www.phicareers.com