Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Membership Associate|
|Organization:||National Abortion Federation|
|Region:||DC Metro Region|
|Description:||The National Abortion Federation (NAF), the leading pro-choice organization representing abortion providers and their patients, has an immediate full-time opening for the position of Membership Associate.
NAF is a 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to ensuring that abortion is safe, legal, and accessible. Our members include 400 clinics, hospitals and physicians' offices in the United States, Canada, and Mexico City. Our dynamic and innovative programs span a wide range of services designed to meet the unique needs of abortion providers and their patients. NAF's programs include: accredited continuing medical education; quality assurance and improvement; clinic security and law enforcement education; clinical, legal, and consumer publications; public education; public policy advocacy; group purchasing and a national toll-free hotline.
The Membership Associate is responsible for retaining current members and successfully recruiting new members. This position requires frequent interaction with NAF members and leaders in the medical and reproductive health communities.
- Answers member inquiries and ensures member satisfaction with NAF;
- Serves as liaison with programmatic staff to address member needs;
- Holds quarterly new member calls to integrate new members into NAF community;
- Produces quarterly newsletters for members;
- Designs and implements membership recruitment program and creates recruitment materials;
- Writes content and develops communications plans to promote NAF benefits and events to a variety of audiences;
- Manages accuracy of membership database; and
- Improves member familiarity and usage of members? only website.
- Commitment to reproductive choice;
- Minimum of three-five years of related professional experience with membership organizations, with demonstrated skill at cultivating and growing membership;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and prioritize diverse and detailed tasks with minimal supervision;
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively with diverse groups;
- Working knowledge of word processing, database, and web-based applications;
- Bachelor?s Degree; and
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, and the ability to adapt to meet the unique needs of our membership.
This position is located in Washington, DC, and will remain open until filled.
How to apply:
The National Abortion Federation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals should send a cover letter, including salary history and requirements, and a resume firstname.lastname@example.org or NAF; 1660 L Street NW, Suite 450; Washington, DC 20036; fax: 202-667-5890.