Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Kentucky Trainer/Consultant|
|Description:||Consultant position on Kentucky state-based team.
Founded in 1992, Provide is a national organization working to increase access to abortion in some of the most challenging environments - especially rural communities and Southern and Midwestern states. We believe that anyone who cares for women has a role in ensuring accessible abortion care for all women. To support health and social service providers as they take on that role, we work in three distinct and complementary ways: 1) training physicians and nurses in uterine evacuation skills; 2) advocating for abortion education in nursing schools and professional nursing associations; and 3) training and supporting health and social service providers to offer abortion referrals to patients and clients.
State trainers are part of a coordinator-led state team that conducts project activities in their states that include the identification of champions, finding sites for trainings, trainings, conducting training follow up work, making ongoing assessment of needs and opportunities, and reporting.
Working as a member of Provide's Referrals Initiative team in the states the Trainer will:
- Support state/regional work to increase access to abortion and build state champions as described in Provide?s Conceptual Model for Referrals and Referrals Project plan, working with project leadership and a state-based team through:
- Training: As part of a team, provide support for introductory training to agency staff in pregnancy options, counseling and referral-making, and other reproductive health information and skills based content using materials developed by Provide.
- Work closely with the state team to ensure team members are utilized as co-trainers.
- Experience providing professional education/training for health professionals and/or social service providers.
- Expertise in sexual and reproductive health and principles of adult learning.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating discussion of complex health and/or social issues.
- Familiarity with the use of both in person and technology-based learning in training/education programs desired.
- Advanced degree in relevant field such as medicine, nursing, public health, or social work is a plus.
- Experience working in a team training environment.
- Ability to travel throughout the state.
- Excellent communication, facilitation and relationship-building skills.
- Commitment to Provide?s core mission, values and programs.
This is a part-time, contract position beginning in April 2013. The position reports to Provide's Associate Director of Programs and works closely with the State Coordinator. Successful candidates will have the ability to work from home.
Qualified individuals should send resume and cover letter to Provide via email to Rebecca Hart, Associate Director of Programs, at rh at provideaccess dot org. Please indicate "Trainer" in the subject line of the email. We value diversity and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.