Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Campaign Organizer for Massachusetts' Arts, Cultural and Creative Community|
|Description:||From our world class institutions to the community based arts and cultural activities across the state, Massachusetts has one of the most vibrant creative communities in the nation. Despite this, many of our political leader still look at the arts and cultural community as nice, but not necessary, leaving it open to yearly cuts in service and resources.
Founded in 2012, MASSCreative advocacy campaigns are bringing together the collective voice of the creative community to advocate for resources and support they need to build vibrant and connected communities.
MASSCreative seeks an energetic and talented organizer to recruit, train and mobilize a statewide network of arts and cultural leaders and supporters committed to using the arts and cultural community as a driver for building vibrant and connected communities. Build MASSCreative's Action Network, which will create a powerful grassroots voice and the political muscle needed to urge our leaders in Washington, Boston, and city and town halls to support and increase investment in the arts, culture and the creative economy.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize arts, cultural, and creative
community leaders and supporters to energize and power our statewide grassroots advocacy campaigns
- Manage the Action Network Steering Committee, a 30+
member leadership group of MASSCreative's grassroots base.
- Help build a diverse fundraising base through
organizational and individual memberships
- Manage field interns
- Utilize social media tools to engage our base and monitor
- Help develop and lead statewide, regional and local
- Broadcast compelling stories of individuals and regions that
have been energized by the arts
- Experience in grassroots volunteer recruitment, training
- Grassroots fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and mobilize a group of
people around a project or campaign
- Desire to work hard out in communities across the state
with a team of eager and talented volunteers
- Experience with database management and social media
- Passion and a commitment for advocating for the arts and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel via car throughout the state
- 2-5 years of experience as a full-time organizer or
advocate for social change
LOCATION: Boston MA, with travel throughout Massachusetts
TO APPLY: Email letter of interest, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Campaign Organizer in the subject line.
People of color, women, and GLBTQ people are strongly encouraged to apply.