- One out of every 3 women in the US will have at least one abortion by the age of 45.
- In the US, 89% of all abortions take place in the first trimester.
- In countries like the US, where abortion is safe and legal, it's a one to two minute procedure, requiring no general anesthetic. The safety of induced abortion is clear and incontrovertible -- abortion is safer than taking an injection of penicillin.
- Worldwide there are 42 million abortions that occur annually: 22 million are legal, 20 million are illegal and unsafe.
- An estimated 75,000 women around the world die needlessly from botched abortions.
- 5 million women are hospitalized annually for complications of unsafe abortions.