Feminist Jobs & Internships
|Job Title:||Web Developer|
|Organization:||Progressive Change Campaign Committee|
|Description:||The PCCC tech team is hiring a Web Developer to join our small, fast paced team. We provide technology services to the PCCC, its high-impact issue organizing, and its bold progressive candidates for state, federal and local offices.
We're rebuilding our website, blog, and action pages, and the tech team is building an expansive array of tools for our activism and for the work of our endorsed campaigns--and we want to look good doing it.
The ideal candidate has a wide range of software development skills, with an emphasis on front-end development and a real interest in political empowerment. This is a mission driven organization, and our employees (even coders!) believe strongly in the content of our work. If you want your code to help everyday people to create political and social change, this is the job for you.
- Specifying and building custom web applications to enhance our campaigns
- Maintaining the front end interface of PCCC websites
- Creating innovative user interfaces that advance the field of online organizing
- Ensuring integration and functionality of third party software platforms
- Comfortable using Git or other version control systems
- Experience integrating third-party APIs (Google Analytics, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter Web
Intents) a big plus
- Experience with Django or other MVC frameworks and templating languages
- Experience developing Wordpress configurations, themes, and plugins a plus
- Solid knowledge of open source web stacks and an ability to learn new technologies on the job are essential -- our small tech team works with a wide variety of tools, including including Django, Pyramid, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and PHP
- Time flexibility is essential; our work follows campaign cycles, and occasionally moments arise when we need to pull late nights. However, this intensive work is often matched by the thrill of victory, and the satisfaction of a job done well on short notice.
Founded in January 2009, the PCCC is a national organization of nearly one million members. We support bold progressive candidates and work with allies in Congress to build progressive power.
How To Apply
You can apply by filling out the form and uploading the resume on our jobs website:
If you have side projects or contribute to open source efforts please let us know and send us a link. Our team is virtual, with tech staffers in DC, NYC, and Nashville.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
We are a non-profit political action committee, so you will not get stock options here, but at the PCCC you will have a chance to change the world by supporting cutting-edge advocacy and building the next generation of organizing tools for campaigns.
PCCC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, LGBT folks--you're all welcome here.