We’d love for you to join us at the Feminist Majority Foundation’s Ninth Annual Global Women’s Rights Awards gala dinner and reception on the evening of Monday, May 5, 2014 at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles. But time is running out!
We only have two weeks until the event. Get your tickets now!
The Awards honor a select few individuals who have contributed significantly – often against great odds and at great personal risk – to advance the rights of women and girls and to increase awareness of the injustices women face on account of their gender.
The 2014 Award Recipients include:
- Philomena Lee and Jane Libberton, founders of The Philomena Project. Their story was recently told in the powerful Oscar-nominated film Philomena.
- Rosario Dawson, actor, activist, and founder and chairwoman of Voto Latino, an organization empowering young Latinas and Latinos to claim a better future through voting.
- Barbara Blaine and David Clohessy, founders of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, a group doing extraordinary work to hold the Catholic hierarchy responsible for covering up priests’ rape and sexual abuse of children.
You can purchase tickets and become an event sponsor by visiting our website. You can also download a copy of the invitation. Don’t wait! Seats are limited. Reserve your space now – and tweet about the event using #GWRA2014!
Feminist Majority Foundation Blog
Latest posts by Feminist Majority Foundation Blog (see all)
- Supreme Court Denies Washington Pharmacists’ Religious Freedom Appeal - June 29, 2016
- Join NCGWE and the FMF in Celebrating #TitleIXat43! - July 8, 2015
- This #GivingTuesday, Fight for Women’s Rights! - December 2, 2014