The Feminist Majority Foundation (FMF) was created to develop bold, new strategies and programs to advance women’s equality, non-violence, economic development, and, most importantly, empowerment of women and girls in all sectors of society. All programs of the FMF endeavor to include a global perspective and activities to promote leadership development, especially among young women. Along with reproductive rights and access to reproductive technology, the FMF’s programs have focused on the empowerment of women in law, business, medicine, academia, sports, and the Internet.
- The FMF supports equality for all genders and supports constitutional and statutory measures to gain full equality for women and girls locally, statewide, nationally, and globally.
- The FMF supports safe, legal and accessible abortion, contraception, and reproductive and sexual healthcare, including Medicaid funding and access for minors, poor women and girls, and people regardless of immigration status.
- The FMF is dedicated to achieving civil rights for all people through affirmative action programs for people of color and women, securing fair housing, ending the school to prison pipeline, establishing full voting rights, and enforcing civil rights laws including Title IX, Title VII, and the ADA.
- The FMF supports dismantling the gender and racial inequities within the criminal justice system.
- The FMF supports achieving equal rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer and gender-nonconforming people.
- The FMF promotes non-violence and works to eliminate all violence against women.
- The FMF supports immigrant and refugee rights regardless of legal status or country of origin.
- The FMF supports programs directed at combatting climate change, preserving the environment, securing clean air and water, and eliminating smog, hazardous waste, and chemical and nuclear weaponry.
- The FMF supports creating inclusive spaces and eliminating social and institutional barriers to access faced by people with disabilities.
- The FMF supports workers’ collective bargaining, pay equity, healthcare for all, free public college, and the end of sweatshops.
- The FMF promotes increasing access to voting and voter participation for young people, women, and people of color, and opposes gerrymandering and all methods of voter suppression.
- The FMF does not permit and actively opposes discrimination on the basis of sex, gender, race, sexual orientation, sexual identity, socio-economic status, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, national origin, size, or disability.